I love to read, and I have acquired a lot of books over the years.
Every Friday, I will be posting a book review of one of the books on my bookshelf.
I promise to only recommend books that I have actually read and like. I hope that my posts will encourage you to read more.
I'ts getting harder to find the time to read but it's an essential part of keeping your mind sharp. I have to make it a priority. Some days I would rather binge watch netflix, xfinity shows or youtube videos. But I can't say that I don't have time, because I can spend hours scrolling through tumblr, Instagram, facebook and vine. So this is a way of helping me and my viewers to read more constantly.
I obviously love reading the bible!
Most of my books are Christian but I plan on expanding my circle of influence.
Tips for reading more:
1. Read something you are interested in
- Don't force yourself to read something you hate, unless you are in school and have no choice but to read a boring book. In that case, suck it up!
2 . Always have a book available
- If I'm going somewhere, I always carry a book with me in case there is downtime or I get bored. I learned this trick from my mom 'cause she always has a Sudoku or scrabble book with her.
3 . Alternate the days you read and the days you waste time on less important things.
- Sometimes watching funny videos is very stress relieving. Endlessly scrolling through social media takes your mind off my problems and responsibilities. So there is nothing wrong with wasting time doing nothing, just incorporate some reading into your week. After a long day, I don't feel like using the brain energy to read, just wanna watch an hour log TV show to unwind.
4. Give yourself a deadline
- If you don't have a reading plan, you will never finish a book. It doesn't have to be intense. For me I plan to read a book during each school break, or a books for each month of summer. Don't rush through it or stress over it, just give yourself a goal.
5. Read in good environment
- Take away distractions so that you can focus on reading. I read a lot of deep, philosophical books and there are times when I read an entire page but have no idea what I read because I wasn't focusing. If I have to, ill take a break or highlight important parts. But if I'm distracted it's hard to read productively.
Perfect atmosphere for reading:
- With the perfect cup of tea/coffee
- With nutella and gram crackers
- outside in the sun
- At a nice coffee shop
- In bed
- With good company
- On rainy days
- Listening to the perfect playlist